A Few of My Favorite Things

Sunday, April 16, 2017
I am asked often about my favorites. Of everything. Bars. Protein. Apps. Workouts. Shoes. Gear. Foods. Stores. Places to eat. Which is funny to me because I am always asking my athlete friends what THEIR favorite things are so I can try them out as well! (I actually JUST asked a runner friend over the weekend about her faves). Maybe I just like shopping and trying different things, my husband would say that is the reasons <----. However, I do have my tried and trues and things that I stay loyal to for quality and price or just because I really like them! These of course, are just my opinion and I'm not paid for any of it! :-D

Let's start with my favorite, foods!

FOODS

-overnight oats with nut butter, almond milk and berries

-tuna salad with pretzels or a low fat wheat cracker

-baked chicken with sweet potatoes and zucchini (all in the same dish, drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with seasonings and a little butter) 

-banana with peanut butter 

-i love snacking on the cherub salad tomatoes! 

-grilled chicken nuggets with a large super food side from chic fil a 

-halo top ice cream

-"my wifes salad" from grouchos deli

-banana, honey and PB toast! 

-pop-chips if you are in a chippy mood

-walnuts, blueberries and almond milk with WARM peanut butter drizzled on top

-I only drink water or sparkling water like pelligrino, perrier, la croix or an occasional unsweet tea. 

PROTEIN

Progenex PB smash is great too but very pricey, Ascent wins in this for sure.

BARS 

I recently tried PICKY Bars and I love them! 4:1 Carb/Protein ratio make them perfect to fuel before or after a hard workout 


If you want a high protein bar, I love PRObars especially coffee crunch flavor (but they are all good!). Target sells them but only HALF the size and protein! Whole foods has the full bar with 20g of protein.

FUEL:

C4 pre-workout 

Glukos gummies

GU stroop waffles 

GU gels

Nuun hydration tablets 

I prefer the gummies over gels- I like to eat! The waffles are yummy and perfect for an intra carb or long run! *please consult your doctor before using any kind of nutritional supplement!*


ACTIVEWEAR 

I spend more on leggings than tops, my bottom half NEEDS support of a great pair of leggings. I have tried so many pairs- even ones that range up to $98! No thanks! I found the "Zella" line at Nordstrom, their "live in" leggings are THE BEST and half the price of lulu. Also a fun fact: the designer use to design for lululemon. 

Tops I get from anywhere! I have no favorite because I don't need it to do much but look good :) 

Shoes...get fitted. I know, you don't want to spend the money on an expensive pair, but if you are running you will NOT regret it! If you are not running and just lifting- you just need a flat pair. Converse are widely popular among lifters. If you are crossfitting- Nike Metcons are loved by all. 

Socks do matter. Swiftwick, Stance and Feetures socks are all I've tried and I have no complaints! You do not want to run a long distance in cotton. 

GEAR 

All Nathan running gear for hydration. 

Box Stalker weight lifting belts.

RPM speed rope

WODtape

Garmin Forerunner 235 

APPS: 

Strava (for running)

Runkeeper (for running)

HappyScale (for recording weight fluctuations)

Myfitnesspal (obvs!)

Spotify (music)

Wodify if your box uses it (wod tracker)
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

welcome!

welcome!
Back to Top