New Routine and Adjustments

Saturday, February 4, 2017
Today marks two full weeks since my crew has been in school during the days, although we have loved it all, it has come with a lot of change and adjustments for myself and my three littles at home. My three favorite positives are that I get to spend a lot more one on one time with my little guys and have been able to really soak them up and enjoy them! Second, all of my kids IN school have loved every single day! They are learning a plethora of different things and are all so excited about it. Also, (naturally, ha!) I am able to work out a lot more. Each morning we drop the kids off at school then head to the gym. The little kids love the preschool/nursery care and I get to spend a full 2 hours in the gym. Now, I use about 30 minutes of that time showering and blow drying my hair (๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ) before I pick the kids up. But that is still much more time than  I was getting before. I would do Crossfit 3x a week for about 45 minutes total by the time that we actually got going and started working out.

Here is my current workout schedule:

Mondays: Lifting Plan
Tuesdays: Circuit Class
Wednesdays: 3 Mile Run OR Crossfit
Thursdays: Lifting Plan
Fridays: Lifting Plan
Saturdays: 5-6 mile run OR Crossfit
Sundays: Rest

This seems to really be working well for me, I am following a Katy Hearn plan right now for those who are interested.

With my change in training I've also changed my diet and my goals. In February of course, forget the big plans I had at New Years! I have decided to go back to eating a mostly ketogenic diet, this has been the one way of eating that I have had the absolute greatest success with and which I truly enjoy! I love being able to have peanut butter (a lot of it!) and bacon and whole eggs and avocado and basically all of  the fat. My body responds so well to high fat, low carb.

But what about Macros?! I still have macro numbers to meet! My carb limit is just very low. For me, when I let carbs into my diet, not only do I not lose but I've found that I crave more and more of them. Very quickly does 130g become not enough and I am binging. I am constantly thinking about what kind of carbs I can fit in. I will fit in lets say, 2 oreo thin cookies but find myself wanting to eat even more of them afterwards and often times I would! Completely destroying the deficit I had worked so hard that week to make which resulted in no loss. I spent an entire year following macros with decent carbs and never did the scale drop that year. If I want this year to be different, I can't do what didn't work and expect it to work this time. My self control is just really lacking when it comes to this area.

Don't you want carbs when you can't have them?! No, not really. I'd say the first week is the hardest as it is with any change in your diet. If there is a holiday, birthday, special occasion coming up that I may want to eat more carbs at I do. As long as I hop back on board the next day I have always been good to go and always still saw results that week.

Don't you feel weak?? Honestly when I started keto in November 2016 I was so nervous I would feel lethargic and not be able to make my lifts and PR's, lose my gainz. But honestly it never happened! I never felt weak. I continue to PR my lifts and go up! Your body will learn to begin using your FAT for fuel vs carbs. Ketogenic diets have a slew of health benefits to them!

What do you eat?! A lot of food! I am never hungry. I eat a lot of dairy. A lot of meat. A lot of nuts and oils and seeds. A lot of low carb/low sugar veggies and fruits. A typical day in food for me looks like this:

Breakfast: 6 scrambled egg whites with 4 slices of thick cut bacon, 1/2 avocado and cheese or a little salsa with my eggs. Heavy cream or 1/2 and 1/2 with coffee.

Lunch: Tuna with mayo and relish on top of lettuce, a side of olives and pickles and string cheese. Dressing of oil and vinegar.

Snack: Nuts or nut butter, cheese, jello with some reddi whip, lunch meat and cheese roll ups, protein shake, etc

Dinner: Meatloaf and veggies, Chicken-crust pizza with all the toppings, mexican chicken bowls, etc

I definitely do not starve. And I only eat keto when I am trying to cut weight, if I want to maintain I add back in carbs and do my regular flexible dieting macros (because I do like to enjoy things with my family when I am not focused on leaning out). No, I have never gained back any of the weight when I added carbs back in.

This is just what truly works for me and my body from 2.5 years of trial and error. This is not what will work for everyone, and I put all of my clients on regular flexible dieting macros with good amounts carbs and they always see fantastic results!

Losing weight comes down to ONE thing: eating in a caloric deficit. Nothing else matters. All of these different diets and plans and trends are all just different ways you can eat to create that deficit for loss. Finding which way works best for you is a journey of trial and error and excitement once you've found "the one"!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

welcome!

welcome!
Back to Top