Week 2 + 3

Friday, October 27, 2017
This week is suppose to be THE week. We are (fingers crossed!) getting colder weather! I'm excited silly! I have my candles ready, I've baked and froze bread, new throw blankets for the sofa, coffee, fall oils, I ordered my new fall boots and now we wait. Oh, I also had to start burning one of my candles...what can I say...dry run?:



This week held a bunch of busyness for us, starting with dentist appointments for all eight kids! Since when was going to the dentist fun? Our office has TV's mounted on the ceiling for the kids to watch TV  while their teeth are being cleaned. Not to mention the interactive waiting room decked out in pirate ships and games and a movie theater. I'm not making this up! It's great because it's somewhere I can take eight children to and they can play and have fun since we are there for 1-2 hours at a time. On the other hand, talk about constant entertainment for children.  Gone are the days of having to sit quietly in a formal waiting room for your turn, and your "prize" for having your teeth cleaned was a sticker and toothbrush. Last week my kids brought home spinners, toy monster trucks, and paw patrol puzzles! 



Sunday's are date days for us. We have a little system, every other Sunday we run and then get coffee. The Sunday's in between that, we take one of our kids out to dinner for some 1:1 time with us. Last weekend was "Sunday-runday" and this weekend we took our oldest out to dinner. 

 (hubby + I before a 4-miler last weekend) 

Our sweet and caring oldest! Seriously, she is amazing. She chose to eat at Plums, a waterfront restaurant in our town. She chose the gouda mac and cheese that was to die for. We then preceded to one of our favorite places to shop where she found some cute things before we had to pick up the rest of the crew. Date your kids. 

My kids have also been spending oodles of time outside making a fort/house. It's a full blown 2 bedroom "home" right now. Pictured is the "living room". Kills me. For one, they have adapted my love for neutrals and two, I remember vividly doing this as a kid. It's also been awesome because they have been spending hours and hours outside at a time. 


School is in full force now and I've settled into a study routine. I'm currently taking a Math, and English and a Basic Nutrition class. Next semester my course load will be heavier with a 2nd math, 2nd English, Anatomy and Physiology, Intro Chemistry, and an elective. It will also be my last semester before transferring to Eastern Michigan University which I can't wait for! Enough of my jabbering- I have recipes to post!!! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

welcome!

welcome!
Back to Top