facelift, changes & more

Saturday, August 26, 2017

    I am ecstatic to announce that the Healthful Pursuits brand will be getting a facelift! Not only does this facelift mean a new look online, but also it's purpose. I am just a few weeks away from celebrating a full year of coaching women in weight loss and nutrition- using my own experience in fighting obesity, losing 100lbs (and keeping it off) and endless hours of research, trial and error. I have been blessed to be able to help these women become healthier versions of themselves, it is truly my passion.

When I began my goal was to get a nutrition certification and continue coaching and hosting groups, but over the summer I decided that I wanted to push it further. I want the most knowledge that I can get so that I can help people on a deeper and broader level. Most certification programs are not highly spoken of, you basically pay for a certificate and the word "nutritionist". There is no regulation in our state for "nutritionist". Meaning, anyone can call themselves one. Honestly, that is not something I want to be a part of. I want to know the science.  So next month I begin my first semester in a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) and will eventually graduate with a Bachelors in Food and Nutrition to become a Registered Dietician (RD) from the University of Alabama (they have a distance program for my course of study, so all of it will be online except clinic hours!) is it too early to yell ROLL TIDE?!



The fact that it takes FIVE years to become a registered dietician proves just how amazing food and nutrition, and the impact they make on your body is! There is no way you can truly learn all that is needed to get the full scope of nutrition and your body in one book and quick test! I am blessed because I have such a flexible study schedule because I am at home with my kids,  I can create a study schedule that fits into my days.

In the meantime I will still be doing coaching and educating women and teens with all of the science based information that I can, but with focus being on wellness- not solely weight. My groups will be a little different because of that, but for the better! Because diets don't work. 

So be on the lookout for a bunch of good changes and follow along! My next group Joyful Eating is 10 weeks to a healthier and happier relationship with food and your body.  There are just TWO spots open right now and we begin September 1st. So if you want a spot, snag it now!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

welcome!

welcome!
Back to Top