Turkey Meatloaf Muffins

Monday, February 26, 2018
I think meatloaf muffins just is not a cool name but I am not sure what I'd call them, so we are keeping it ;-)


A turkey meatloaf was on the menu for tonight and after seeing all of my friends posting their meal prepping egg muffins this weekend, I was inspired. I was also able to secretly add an entire zucchini and onion- only one kid noticed AND they ate it anyway: winner.  I also typically do not use an egg in my meatloaf mixture, so having the smaller sizes helped keep it all together.

Ingredients:

2lbs. lean ground turkey
1 chopped onion
1 chopped zucchini (optional)
1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs (I always have Panko on hand)
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
A few dashes of garlic and oregano, I know, I am totally not a food blogger. I try.

For the glaze, I just mix in a small ramekin ketchup and stone ground mustard and brush it on each one generously. If you are not a ketchup lover- you are missing out, but you can leave this off completely if needed.

Because of the size of each, these do not need a long time to cook! I cooked mine for 25 minutes at 350 degrees and they were perfect.


My three year old scarfed down 3 of these, plus brown rice and broccoli. If you have extra time on your hands, you could make an amazing buttery mashed cauliflower to go with and give it the comfort food feel. Either way, these will be on our menu again soon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

welcome!

welcome!
Back to Top