About Me: My Journey through Weight Loss & Wellness

Tuesday, June 20, 2017
I cannot tell you how many times I tried to make a video for this post today. Between my voice being hoarse and coughing (recovering from the flu), my phone cutting me off because I didn't have enough memory for a 10 minute long video (haha!) and my kids walking in the room talking- I finally decided the video was a no-go and to share my heart on here.

I am a wife to a network engineer (computer nerd!) and a stay at home, homeschooling mom  to 8 children. Nutrition coach, weight lifter, runner, and occasional crossfitter. My husband and I have planted our roots in a tiny Carolina town but have the love of cities deep in our hearts (we love visiting cities!)

My passion and desire is to help women change their lives from the inside out- and it began with my own journey of losing 110 pounds naturally.  After five pregnancies and two adoptions within a seven year span, I found myself 80 pounds heavier and never able to lose enough of that weight before welcoming a new child! I set out to pursue a healthier me after discovering that I had high grade pre cancerous cells that had to be removed after my last pregnancy. This was my wake up call, I was only 25/26 and a slight cell grade below stage 1 cancer. I knew that it wasn't just about the weight that had to change, but my relationship with food and what I was putting into my body had to change if I was going make a lasting difference in my life.

(circa 2009, love that hair flip too, bahaha!)

From there I began reading and researching. Books, articles, blogs, studies all helped me make the decision that I was going to do this by eating real foods and exercising. No shakes, shots, pills, drops, wraps or crash dieting. I began running and doing at-home workouts with hand weights. I ran a few races and joined my local crossfit box. There I learned so much more about my body and proper nutrition to fuel your workouts than I knew existed.  I love to challenge myself and push my limits, so I am always in search of new ways to train and new sports to pursue. After a year of crossfit I dedicated myself more to running and this spring I completed a 31 mile ultra marathon. It is amazing what our bodies can do! There have absolutely been days that I truly want to give in, to sign up for a 2-shake-a-day program or to run to the nearest clinic for phentermine and b12 shots. Looking back on those days and those options, it is so empowering to know that I did this all the right way, the wasting way and changed my entire life.

My journey is long but shows that patience pays off. My health and my weight effected so much of my life that I never realized. I was insecure and self conscious and that spilled over into my marriage, my parenting and my friendships. I am a completely different person than I was just 3 years ago in greater ways than just being leaner. 
250ish- 225ish- 185ish
Healthful pursuits came alive in the very start. The more I learned, the more I wanted to get this information out to everyone. The desire for women to know more about their health and their bodies was embedded in me as I was journeying through it myself. When I did share bits and pieces- emails and messages would flood my inbox from women feeling defeated and confused, unsure of what to do and where to begin to regain their health and bodies back.  So I began to study for my fitness nutrition certificate and began taking on women to coach and help meet their goals. I am not a coach that is going to put you on a diet of eating nothing just to see numbers on the scale drop- but give you the tools, the information and the motivation you need to regain total body health.  I have been there, and some days I am there- I am not free from struggles and poor eating habits but have learned that this is truly a journey and a lifestyle.

165ish 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

welcome!

welcome!
Back to Top