For the Kids: Lunch Ideas

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

     Spring break is coming up for us so I have spent this week preparing and planning all of the fun things we are going to do, and eat! I love spring and summer because so much more produce is available to us through these seasons, helping aid in meal planning and snacking- I mean...the weather is pretty great too ;-)

Here is what I've come up with for the coming week, you can mix and match as you please! If there are any allergies present or if you don't eat dairy or ____, substitute as you normally would.  Pick a main dish and pair with a side or two! These can also be great option for YOU too! You don't have to have bento containers like pictured, but I love anything divided! Keeps me creative.



Main Dishes: 

Cheese Quesadilla
Hard Boiled Eggs 
Pasta Salad 
Pita Bread + Hummus (or crackers & hummus)
Cheese + Crackers
Turkey + Cheese Roll-ups
Almond Butter + Jam Sandwich
Meat + Cheese Kabob
Chips + Guacamole and/or Salsa 
Bagel + Cream Cheese
Veggie +Hummus Wrap

Tacos
Homemade Waffles (google the recipe for applesauce waffles!) 

Fruit + Veggie Sides: 

Oranges or Cuties 
Apples
Strawberries
Grapes
Peaches
Blueberries
Raspberries
Natural Applesauce
Mangoes
Melon
Baby Carrots
Cucumbers
Grape Tomatoes
Edamame
Snap Peas


Snacky Sides: 

Chips
Granola Bars (my kids love ZBars by Clif Bars)
Pretzels
String Cheese
Yogurt (I serve my kids greek yogurt or the yo-baby yogurt, they have yo-kids now!) 
Trail Mix (easy to make your own!) 
Popcorn
Crackers
Chips + Salsa
Honey Graham Crackers (I love to buy the Annies Organic Hunny Bunnies) 
Homemade Cookies or Rice Krispies Treats



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

welcome!

welcome!
Back to Top